Straight From The Heart
YOU ARE LIVING AN EXCITING LIFE!
Isn’t it exciting to know that everyday, our lives are accomplishments of what God has done through Jesus? And the POWER of GOD continues and can manifest through you!
With faith in our hearts, we believe what is written in Romans 8:28 ….
“We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
What makes this many-a-favorite verse exciting is that, through many trials, afflictions, sufferings, disappointments, and all sorts of challenges in life, we experience a personal Jesus that literally ‘carry us’ through – like in the ‘footprints in the sand’ story… from seeing two sets of footprints (yours and Jesus’) there was one set left – because Jesus is there for us.
It’s all the more exciting to KNOW that GOD causes ALL THINGS!! Yes, ALL THINGS TO WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD for us who qualify with these two conditions: It is for those who love God and for those who are called according to His purpose. In this edition of Straight from the Heart, we are going to share the first condition which totally rests upon us – – – that of loving God.
Jesus said in Luke 10:27 that the greatest commandment is to “love the LORD, your GOD with all your heart , and with all your soul and with all your strength and all your mind.” So, if it is commanded, then God knows that we have the capacity to do it. How do we love God? The Bible spells it out for us. To remind all of us: (or to check ourselves if we do)
– Loving God requires knowing Him, and that knowledge begins with reading and meditating on His Word. It also include spending time with Him in prayer. It may sound glib, but to know Him is to love Him. The one who does not love does not know God. 1 John 4:8
– To love God is to worship and praise Him. “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'” (Luke 4:8). Lead a lifestyle that brings glory to God that will lead others to worship and praise Him.
– To love God is to put Him first. The number-one commandment is to love God “with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30). It’s an undivided love. God is our priority. If we love God with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength, then we should not allow other things to crowd in. All others we love.. next to Him.
– To love God is to desire Him, to yearn for His righteousness, His Word, and His grace. “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God” (Psalm 42:1). Once we have tasted and seen that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8), we want more of Him.
– Finally, to love God is to obey Him. Jesus tells us, “If you love me you will obey what I command” (John 14:15,23;15:10;1 John 5:3). However, this is not a matter of merely following rules and registering good deeds. It is about receiving God’s love and knowing that God LOVES us even more! We naturally wish to please those we love. When we love God, we want to please Him and obey His commands eagerly… “I delight to do your will.” (Psalm 40:8).
GOD is Sovereign. He is Almighty…and so Loving. He knows what is best for everyone and He is in control. Trust Him. Whatever hardships you may be encountering right now, with certainty, “We know that GOD cause all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Something good and exciting is coming!
Excited to Love God more with you,
Ptrs. Benjun and Malou