Activate Your Joy: REJOICE!
It is easier to cry in times of trouble than it is to rejoice, but God says rejoicing helps us develop endurance and strength during problems and trials!
- We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3
- Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2
- And he continued, “Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!“ Nehemiah 8:10
Tears usually come flowing like flood when we repent and find out that God has forgiven us of all sins even though we are unworthy. But rejoicing is also a result of salvation, because we are now friends with God!
- So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Romans 5:11
Jesus knew that His Father delights in him is and well-pleased with Him. In the same way, God also delights in us! He rejoices over us with gladness and with singing!
- For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zephaniah 3:17
We can experience this joy. We can express this GREAT JOY in the Holy Spirit. The Greek for ‘rejoicing’ means “getting so glad one jumps in celebration”. In other words — shoutin’ and leapin’ and praisin’ God! Hallelujah!
SO – REJOICE! Sing! Jump for joy! Laugh! Laughter is God’s medicine for the troubled soul.