The New You
As a follower of Jesus, when you became born again, something radical happened to you. Jesus didn’t just save you from your sins, He gave you an entirely new identity. And you inherited something that’s out of this world!
- Jesus won absolute victory you for you! You’re no longer a victim. You are no longer working for victory, you are working from His victory. When you resist sin, you are not fighting against your old nature but instead you cooperate with your new self in him. YOU ARE JUSTIFED AND FREE.
- You are a new creation. You are not merely a sinner saved by grace. You are redeemed and forgiven, and you are free from the enemy’s power of sin, sickness, lies and torment. You no longer live under shame, condemnation or guilt because it’s been lifted off of us by His grace. YOU ARE A SAINT.
- You have been adopted as royalty into God’s family. You are no longer an orphan nor a poor man. You have authority and access to all of God’s resources for the sake of the world! Freedom, blessings and abundant life are available to you now. YOU ARE THE KING’S BELOVED CHILD, A PRINCE/PRINCESS IN HIS KINGDOM.
- Your new normal is to hunger and thirst for his righteousness to be revealed in the earth. Now you live in the power of righteousness, healing, truth and joy. YOU HAVE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST.
- You take sin seriously because God takes it seriously. You have godly conviction when you sin. You take responsibility for your sin and are quick to repent and reconcile with those that your sin has affected. YOU ARE HOLY AND GROWING IN CHRIST.
- You are Christ’s ambassador. Just like Jesus did, you represent the Father in miracles, signs and wonder, and in everything you do. You are enabled to help others be reconciled with Father and come home to Him. You are significant. YOU CHANGE THE WORLD FOR HIM.
Reflect on this:
What would your life look like if you live from the truth of your identity? If you no longer live in shame, condemnation and guilt? If you live like you have access to every resource that God has given you? What would your world look like if you live like God’s child, a royalty in His Kingdom, free and able to serve the world for His sake?
Every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm has already been lavished upon us as a love gift from our wonderful heavenly Father, the Father of our Lord Jesus – all because he sees us as wrapped into Christ. This is why we celebrate him with all our hearts!
Ephesians 1:3 (TPT)