There’s a saying that says “whatever we talk a lot about, we get pulled towards”. For instance, it’s hard to be around people who are always critical or see life as doom-and-gloom. Pretty soon, being around them makes your gloomy and doomy as well! On the other hand, when you have a positive outlook of the future, you tend to talk about and approach your circumstances with optimism. Your life may not be all roses, but you know “God makes all things work for your good”, and “nothing is impossible with Him” so, He holds your future, and you’re in Good Hands!
Simply put, that’s what DECLARATIONS are. They are statements about what is true in the Word of God, whether it’s in your experience right now or not yet. Faith means you believe something before you see it or experience it (See Hebrews 11:1). For instance, when you’re in need of provision and you declare “God is going to meet all my needs according to His riches in glory!!”, you’re actually quoting Philippians 4:19, but you’re emphatically saying it aloud because you know Scripture said it and God is faithful to complete His promises and provide for you.
In Scriptures, God declared “Let there be light” and there was! King David told Goliath “I’m going to cut off your head!” and he didn’t have a sword. All he had was a sling, and yet, he did cut off Goliath’s head with the giant’s own sword. Peter told the lame man he had no silver or gold, but He does have Jesus and then declared “Stand up and walk!” The man leaped and jumped and walked!
The more you declare, the more you speak it out and talk aloud about it, the more you get pulled towards knowing, believing, and trusting that God is going to accomplish what He promised over you!
So, this June, we encourage you to join us in the DECLARATIONS EXPERIMENT. Challenge yourself to speak aloud as many as 100 declarations over your life for 30 days, and then, see how God fulfills His Word of Promise and Life over you!
To get you started, here’s the first 10:
- God is good all the time! (Psalm 145:8-9)
- He is a good Father and I trust Him regardless of my circumstances. (Romans 8:28-32)
- Jesus won absolute victory for me! I am forgiven and free from the enemy’s power! I no longer live under shame or condemnation. (Romans 8:1-4)
- I am a new creation! I am not merely a sinner saved by grace. I am a saint! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- In Christ, I am free and empowered to live in His righteousness every day. (Romans 6:5-7)
- Every single thing I need was purchased for me at Calvary. (John 19:30)
- Jesus provided the answer to my problem before I ever had a problem. It’s easy for me trust Him in all situations! (Ephesians 1:3)
- I joyfully experience the astounding, undeserved love of God each and every day. (Romans 5:6-11)
- I co-labor with a good God and represent Him through miracles! (1 Cor. 3:9)
- It’s easy for me to love, honor and value everyone. (Romans 12:10)
Next, write down all your favorite verses and make more declarations, then say them aloud everywhere, everyday! Have a powerful month ahead!